Split Pea Soup
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot / Instapot / Braised
- Cuisine: International
- 1 lb (~2 cups) dried split peas
- 1 cup (~4 ounces) onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 Cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped & divided
- Mix split peas, onions, carrots, celery, salt, broth, bay leaves, and 1/2 cup parsley in a crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours or bring to a boil in a pot on the stovetop, reduce heat, simmer covered for ~ 2 hours or until peas are tender.
- Add more water or broth if you like a thinner consistency. Top with fresh chopped parsley and add sea salt to taste. Serve with fresh bread. Happy Soup Eating! Beckie
This soup will get thicker as it sits. Add more water or broth if you like a thinner consistency.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Crockpot – For throwing in all the ingredients and walking away.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Split Peas, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Comfort Food